Headquartered in Northern California, Green Planet Straws’ goal is to produce the most eco-friendly, durable paper straws on the planet. Green Planet Straws’ paper products are Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC) certified. This certification ensures that Green Planet Straws’ products are responsibly made.
- FSC® certification bears the mark of responsible forestry.
- FSC’s vision is to ensure that we can meet our current needs for forest products without compromising the health of the world’s forests for future generations.
- FSC ensures the health of the world’s forests for future generations.
The Problem with Plastic
The plastic straw is all too common—and fleeting—part of daily life to provoke much contemplation. But it’s precisely the impact straws have once they’ve been thrown away that’s worth thinking about. It’s increasingly apparent that sea turtles, sea birds, and other marine creatures ingest, become entangled in, or find their habitats negatively impacted by plastic trash that winds up in the ocean—and plastic straws rank in the top ten among plastic debris likely to be found floating in the water.
A Solution You Can Live With
Fact: Straws are convenient, especially for drinking on the go. For some people, straws are a medical or physical necessity for drinking. Simply refusing to use a straw is not always an option. You will learn about Green Planet Straws, a company that believes in a viable alternative: providing durable, attractive, readily available paper straws that are safe to use and safe to toss. Composed of high-grade FSC-certified paper that is sturdy, biodegradable, and compostable, Green Planet Straws are marine-friendly and kind to the environment. These top-quality paper straws are not only comparable in size and dimension to their harmful plastic counterparts but also are as unique as the companies who buy them.
All Green Planet Straws are customizable.
Discover the difference being made by Green Planet Straws, and join the movement to combat the dangerous impact of plastic straws, sip by sip.
Get the Plastic Facts
- Only 8 percent of the plastics used by Americans is recycled, and plastic straws usually aren’t. Lightweight and small, plastic straws often fall through recycling filters, becoming either recycling contaminants or landfill contributors.
- On a daily basis, Americans use—and discard—half a billion plastic straws.
- Human error is the number one reason plastic straws find their way to the ocean.
- Plastic straws, a top single-use plastic, are engineered to last forever; paper straws naturally degrade.
- Nearly half of sea birds and marine creatures have ingested plastic; half of these will die as a result.
- After long periods in water, plastic breaks down into “microplastic” pieces that pollute the water and cause serious harm to fish.
For more information about Green Planet Straws, to order paper straws, or for general questions, please contact us.